TWO OF the Metro Manila policemen named by President Duterte for involvement in the illegal drug trade are already undergoing investigation, the director of the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) said on Sunday.
Chief Supt. Oscar Albayalde said PO3 Eric Lazo and PO3 Johnny Mahilum of the Quezon City Police District Batasan Station had been relieved as a result of the NCRPO’s “proactive internal cleansing operations.”
Two others―Brig. Gen. Leoncio Daniega in NCR and Chief Insp. Roberto Palisoc of Manila Police District Station 7―appear to be no longer assigned in these units, Albayalde said.
“For the others, I already directed the concerned district directors to immediately relieve them also and place them under custody pending investigation,” Albayalde said.
The five others named by the President were: PO2 Alan Carpio of Pasay City police community precinct 8, PO3 Alexander Macabeo of Parañaque City PCP 3, Chief Insp. Eric Buenaventura of Navotas, SPO1 Ernesto Billones in NCR and PO1 Vicente Reynaldo Celis in NCR.
These policemen have the option to report to Philippine National Police chief Director General Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa as instructed by the President, Albayalde said.